Wasatch Martial Arts will be hosting the 142nd Dan Classing & 2018 TAC tour at the Zermatt Resort, Midway, Utah September 27-29, 2018.
Kwan Jang Nim H.C. Hwang, president of World Moo Duk Kwan and the US Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation and successor to the late founder Hwang Kee will preside over this historic event. Kwan Jang Nim and members of the Technical Advisory Committee will present exciting content in dynamic training seminars and thought-provoking discussions. The following topics will be addressed:
- Moo Duk Kwan emphasis and preservation
- TAC structure and testing requirement adjustments
- Pyung Ahn Hyung standardization
- Hu Ri warm-up ideas to create a productive habit.
The weekend will culminate with the 142nd Dan Shim Sa. Candidates testing for Cho Dan, E Dan, Sam Dan, and Kyo Sa (teaching certification) will demonstrate in front of Kwan Jang Nim, Region 8 Officials, and the Region 8 membership. This is the largest group of candidates Region 8 has seen to date.
Download the Program for additional information.
For those who would like to support the Region 8 Dan Shim Sa, but are unable to attend, you can do so by ordering a t-shirt and/or donating.
T-shirts – $25 – please send a separate email to email@example.com with your order details.
Venue & Accomodation
The Zermatt Resort is located in Midway, UT, on the back slopes of Park City. The resort includes traditional Swiss-style architecture, Indoor/outdoor swimming pools, carousel, fine and family dining, European bakery, lounge, world class spa, scuba diving and geothermal mineral pools. We are offering discounted rates for a variety of rooms. Offers expire August 28 and you must use group code: 10K2N9. Select this link to view room options.
Junior King Suite – $139
Junior Queen – $139
1 Bedroom Villa Suite – $209
Villa Standard Queen – $109*
*Does not include a microwave and refrigerator. Is a short walk from the hotel.
*Note testing candidates will need to register for the TAC Tour and will receive a discount code to apply from your Instructor. However, you still need to register for the banquet, reserve a t-shirt and poster if you want one.
- TAC Tour: (all adult ranks, children 12 years or older all ranks)$80.00 early registration. After August 28, 2018 price increases to $100
- Children Seminar (12 years and under and below red belt) $40.00 early registration. After August 28, 2018 price increases to $50
- Neh Gong Seminar (open to all membership and public) FREE
- Banquet: $35 early registration. After August 28, 2018 price increases to $45
- Commemorative Clothing: Women’s T-Shirt $25 (sizes: S, M, L), Men’s T-Shirt $25 (sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL), Youth T-Shirt $25 (sizes: S, M, L). Order deadline September 14, 2018.
- Commemorative Poster: $5 Order deadline September 14, 2018.
Register for a meal plan during the weekend for the whole family. Pick Friday, Saturday, or just the Saturday night banquet. Because of the hotel’s remote location and the tight scheduling between sessions, a meal plan is encouraged. Meals will be buffet-style.
All meals will be served in the Grindelwald room.
- Friday Meal Plan $50 early registration (includes lunch and dinner). After August 28, 2018 price increases to $60
- Saturday Meal Plan $70 early registration (includes breakfast, lunch, and our celebration banquet). After August 28, 2018 price increases to $80
Friday Meal Plan ($50)
- Penne Pasta Carbonara
- Garlic Bread
- Bacon, Sweet Peas, Carrots w/ parmesan Cheese
- Butterscotch White Chocolate Blondies
- Grilled Pork Chop
- Baked Rolls w/ Butter
- Garden Salad w/ tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and red onion w/ ranch dressing
- Cottage Fried Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables
- Cherry Pie w/ Whipped Cream
Saturday Meal Plan ($70)
- Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Hash Browns
- White and Wheat Toast, Butter and Jam
- Fruit Yogurts
- Apple Juice
- Whole Wheat Turkey Club Sandwich
- Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado
- Chefs Cold Salad
- Assorted Cookies
Dinner (Celebration Banquet):
- Grilled Beef Sirloin Mushrooms & Onions Jus
- Mashed Potatoes
- Fresh Baked Rolls w/ Butter
- Caesar Salad Romaine Lettuce, Parmesan Cheese, Croutons, Caesar Dressing
- Chef’s Choice Vegetable
- Apple Pie with Whipped Cream
- Register before August 28, 2018 and receive a 20% discount automatically
- A 10% discount will be offered to families with 2 or more registrants using the discount code FAMILY
- A 50% discount will be offered for testing candidates. You can receive this discount code through your instructor
- Children under 12 and below red belt level are encouraged to register for the Children Seminars
- After you select your ticket, you will have the option to purchase a meal plan, t-shirt, and poster.