Rocky Mountain Martial Arts will be hosting the 134rd Dan Classing in Glenwood Springs on October 17-18 2014.
Pre-register before September 19, 2014 for the best pricing available.
Theme: Il Kyuk Pil Sal (It is necessary to be able to kill with one strike)
Application: Kyuk Pa and Five Moo Do Value Sparring *note: the theme is a philosophy and state of mind and will be presented in a safe manner that promotes a deeper understanding of the root of martial arts training and application. The purpose is to promote effectiveness and give students a tool that allows them to accomplish tasks in their life more effectively. The themes comes directly from the Kwan Jang Nim and will be applied to Kyuk Pa and Ja Yu Dae Ryun.
- Description of Events
- Register as a Participant
- Register as a Testing Candidate
The following pre-registration prices expire September 19 th. Prices will go up $10 starting September 20th. *Note that all testing candidates do not need to pay clinic fees. However, you still need to register for the banquet and reserve a t-shirt if you want one.
- Friday and Saturday Seminar Participation: $80.00 for first family member/$70.00 for additional family members.
- Saturday-Only Seminar Participation: $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members.
- Adult Banquet: $35
- Children Banquet: $25
- Commemorative Shirt: $20- deadline oct 7th
Schedule of Events- Here is a printable version of the schedule
Friday, October 17
|1:00 to 2:00||Kyuk Pa Clinic||Hotel Colorado|
|2:00 to 4:00||Dan Hyung Training||Devereux Ball Room|
|2:00 to 5:00||Candidate Workout||Roosevelt Ball Room|
|2:00 to 5:00||Potential Candidate Workout||Colorado Ball Room|
|5:00 to 5:30||Studio Owner/Instructor Meeting||Devereux Ball Room|
|6:00 to 7:45||Dan Clinic||Devereux Ball Room|
Saturday, October 18
|7:00 to 8:00||Neh Gong Clinic||Devereux Ball Room|
|8:30 to 10:00||Youth Clinic||Move to Roosevelt Ball Room after bowing in ceremony|
|8:30 to 10:00||Dan Members and Adult Clinic||Devereux Ball Room|
|11:00 to 12:30||Lunch|
|1:00 to 3:00||134th Shim Sa||Devereux Ball Room|
|3:00 to 4:00||Meeting with the Board of Examiners|
|7:00||Celebration Banquet||Colorado Ball Room|
The Region 8 134th Dan Shim Sa and clinics will be held on October 17-18th, 2014 at the historic Hotel Colorado in downtown Glenwood Springs. This massive old hotel overlooks the huge and famous medicinal Hot Springs Pool hotspringspool.com. Glenwood Springs is one of the most popular towns in Colorado off Interstate 70! Visitors also come for the Yampah Spa Hot Springs and Vapor Caves yampahspa.com as well as the Glenwood Caverns and Adventure Park, glenwoodcaverns.com and for History buffs, you can visit Doc Holiday’s grave. Finally, worth mentioning, is a wonderful bike path that runs next to the Colorado river for miles and takes you to the trailhead of the most popular hike in Colorado called “Hanging Valley Lake” (a marvel of mother nature).
Room rates until September 16th are $99. Please use “SOO BAHK DO” as a reference and go to hotelcolorado.com for more information.
- For Dan Members, Testing Candidates, and board holders who are not Dan Members who will be helping hold board for the test.
- Various Ko Dan Ja members will be leading the Dan Hyung training. Any member who is not testing and is not a potential candidate for the 135th or 136th Dan Classings is eligible to attend this session.
- The Potential Candidate workout is for anyone who is a potential candidate for the 135th or 136th Dan Classings and their instructors. Instructors and potential candidates will get direct feedback on how to reach full potential for the next Shim Sa. The T.A.C. and R.E.X. will be providing guidance.
- Dan Clinic on 5 Moo Do Value Sparring/Judging
- Ki Gong exercises and Ship Sam Seh philosophy will be introduced.
- Youth seminar (ages 5 – 13 all ranks) -Clinic on Breaking and Sparring
- Dan Members and Adult Clinic on Breaking and Sparring
- Who can attend? All ages and ranks permitted
134th Dan Shim Sa
- 1:00 – 3:00 – 134th Dan Shim Sa
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Meeting with the Testing Board