Rocky Mountain Martial Arts will be hosting the 136th Dan Classing in Glenwood Springs on October 9-10, 2015.
Pre-register before September 25, 2015 for the best pricing available.
Theme: Teachings and influence of Martinov Sa Bom Nim
Application: Seminar content will highlight lessons from Martinov, Sa Bom Nim.
- Description of Events
- Register as a Participant
- Register as a Testing Candidate
The following pre-registration prices expire September 25th. Prices will go up $10 starting September 26th. *Note: testing candidates do not need to pay clinic fees. However, you still need to register for the banquet and order a t-shirt if you want one.
- Ko Dan Ja, Dan Member and Adult Gup: $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members.
- Junior Dan member: $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members. Includes participation in Youth Tournament.
- Junior Gup: $30.00 for first family member/$20.00 for additional family members.
- Adult Banquet: $35
- Children Banquet: $25
- Commemorative Shirt: $20- order deadline September 25, 2015
Schedule of Events
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Kyo Sa and Sa Bom candidate teaching at RMMA, Basalt Do Jang beginning at 6:00 pm.
Friday, October 9, 2015
|1:00 to 3:00||Dan Hyung Training|
|3:00 to 4:00||Candidate Workout (on your own)|
|5:00 to 8:00||Youth Tournament|
Saturday, October 10, 2015
|7:45 to 8:45||Neh Gong Clinic|
|9:00 to 11:00||Ko Dan Ja, Dan Members and Adult Clinic|
|11:00 to 12:00||Potential Candidate Workout (U Dan Ja & Ko Dan Ja)|
|11:00 to 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 to 3:00||136th Shim Sa|
|3:00 to 4:00||Board of Examiners meeting|
Travel and Accommodations
The Region 8, 136th Dan Shim Sa and clinics will be held on October 9-10th, 2015 at the historic Hotel Colorado in downtown Glenwood Springs. This massive old hotel overlooks the huge and famous medicinal Hot Springs Pool hotspringspool.com. Glenwood Springs is one of the most popular towns in Colorado off Interstate 70! Visitors also come for the Yampah Spa Hot Springs and Vapor Caves yampahspa.com as well as the Glenwood Caverns and Adventure Park, glenwoodcaverns.com and for History buffs, you can visit Doc Holiday’s grave. Finally, worth mentioning, is a wonderful bike path that runs next to the Colorado river for miles and takes you to the trailhead of the most popular hike in Colorado called “Hanging Valley Lake” (a marvel of mother nature).
Room rates until September 9th are $99. Please call 970-945-6511 to make your reservations and use “SOO BAHK DO” for the group rate. Online booking is not an option. Disregard the Google Map pin room rate.
Description of Events
Dan Hyung Training
- Various Ko Dan Ja members will be leading the Dan Hyung training. Any member who is not testing and is not a potential candidate for the 136th or 137th Dan Classing is eligible to attend this session.
Potential Candidate Workout
- The Potential Candidate workout is for anyone who is a potential candidate for the 136th or 137th Dan Classing and their instructors. Instructors and potential candidates will get direct feedback on how to reach full potential for the next Shim Sa. The T.A.C. and R.E.X. will be providing guidance.
Adult Dan and Gup Clinic
- Adult Dan and Gup Clinic will be taught by Jeff Griggs Sa Bom Nim. He looks forward to teaching his tribute seminar that Kwan Jang Nim supported at the Region 10 Summer Training Camp in July. Kwan Jang Nim spoke to the membership about Griggs SBN at this years National Championships in Boston. He talked about the habits that we create through our lineage and recognized Martinov Sa Bom Nim’s heaviness and movement. This is the true value of our living art. We are all affected by our history through our participation.
Register for Youth Tournament
- In addition to the successful Wasatch Martial Arts Tournaments in their 4th year. We are looking forward to offering young members an additional opportunity for friendly competition on a Regional level in Colorado. All ages and ranks from 4-16 years old. Divisions will be Forms and Sparring. Youth Gup divisions will use Point Sparring rules and Junior Dans will use 5 Moo Do Value Sparring rules. Tournament registration forms and Tournament rules will be sent to studio owners for distribution. Pre-register by October 2, 2015 for the best pricing. Mail payment with Registration form or Register for Youth Tournament. Return details are on the forms.
Neh Gong clinic
- Ki Gong exercises will be introduced.
136th Dan Shim Sa
- 1:00 – 3:00 – 136th Dan Shim Sa
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Meeting with the Testing Board
Celebration banquet will be held on site with live entertainment!