Sawtooth Martial Arts will be hosting the 137th Dan Classing in Sun Valley, Idaho on April 29-30, 2016.
Post-Event Resources Download
- All Rank Seminar Video
- Chil Sung Seminar Handout
- Martinov, SBN Video
- 70th Anniversary Video
- Dan Shim Sa Footage – Coming Soon
Download a poster for the 137th Dan Shim Sa here, 137th Dan Shim Sa Poster
Pre-register before March 31, 2016 for the best pricing available.
Theme: Mu Sang / Yu Sang
Emphasis: Sparring Application of Chil Sung Forms
- Jeff Moonitz Sa Bom Nim (8th Dan)
- Jeff Griggs Sa Bom (7th Dan)
- Oliver Whitcomb Sa Bom (7th Dan)
- Jennifer Gibbons Sa Bom (6th Dan)
- Brian Corrales Sa Bom (5th Dan)
- Description of Events
- Register as a Participant
- Register for the Banquet only
Friday, April 29
|10:00||Region 8 Leadership Workout||SMA, Hailey ID|
|1:00 to 4:00||Dan Candidate Workout with Proctor||Limelight Room B|
|1:00 to 4:00||Yu Dan Ja Training||Limelight Room B|
|1:00 to 4:00||Ko Dan Ja Training||Limelight Room B|
|1:00 to 4:00||Ko Dan Ja Candidate Training||Limelight Room B|
|3:00 to 5:00||Candidate Training on their own||Limelight Room B|
|5:00 to 6:00||Instructors/Studio Owners Meeting||Camas Room|
|6:00 to 8:00||Dan Clinic||Limelight Room B|
Saturday, April 30
|7:30 to 8:15||Neh Gong Clinic||Limelight Room B|
|9:00 to 11:00||Adult All Rank Clinic||Limelight Room B|
|9:00 to 11:00||Youth Clinic||Limelight Room B|
|11:00 to 12:00||Potential Candidate Workout||Limelight Room B|
|11:00 to 1:
||On Your Own|
|1:00 to 3:00||137th Dan Classing Championships||Limelight Room B|
|3:00 to 4:00||Meeting with the Testing Board||Camas Room|
|6:30 to 9:00||Celebration Banquet||Sawtooth Club, Ketchum|
The following pre-registration prices expire March 30, 2016. Prices will go up $10 starting March 31, 2016. *Note that all testing candidates do not need to pay clinic fees. However, you still need to register for the banquet, and reserve a t-shirt and poster if you want one.
- Ko Dan Ja, Dan Member and Adult Gup: $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members.
- Junior Dan member: $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members.
- Junior Gup: $30.00 for first family member/$20.00 for additional family members.
- Adult Banquet: $35
- Children Banquet: $25
- Commemorative Clothing: Youth T-Shirt $15, Women’s T-Shirt $25, Men’s T-Shirt $25, Unisex Hoodies $35. Order deadline April 15, 2016.
- The Region 8, 137th Dan Shim Sa and clinics will be held on April 29-30th, 2016 at the Sun Valley Resort, Idaho. We have negotiated a special rate for the 137th Dan Classing Championships. Please use this link 137th Dan Classing Group Rate for all travel and online accommodation reservation information. Note room rates include multiple occupancy without additional charges. For help with this booking or to book dates for this block not available on line, please contact Sun Valley Reservations at 1-800-786-8259.
- The Dan Testing Candidate Workout with the Regional Examiners and designated proctors is a mandatory event.
- Who can attend? Testing Candidates & board holders
- Any member who is not testing and is not a potential candidate for the 138th or 139th Dan Classings are eligible to attend this session.
- Instructors and potential candidates will get direct feedback on how to reach full potential for the next Shim Sa. The T.A.C. and R.E.X. will be providing guidance.
- Who can attend? Any student who will be eligible to test at the 138th or 139th Dan Classings (must be at least a 1st Gup red belt)
- Theme: Mu Sung/Yu Sang
- Emphasis: Sparring Application of Chil Sung Forms
- Who can attend? Dan members
- Integrated Breathing, Stretching and Movement class
- Who can attend? Any age and ability as well as the general public (no charge for the general public to attend)
- Youth clinic (ages 5 – 13 all ranks)
- Adult Gups
- Dan Members
- Theme: Chil Sung Hyung with Mu Sung/Yu Sang
- Who can attend? Soo Bahk Do practitioners, all ranks and ages (classes will be split up and taught according to age and rank)
- 1:00 – 3:00 – 137th Dan Shim Sa
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Meeting with the Testing Board
- Who can attend? Students and the general public encouraged to observe and support the demonstration. Students should show up to the test in Do Bok (uniform).
Proctor: Per Lindfors, Jo Kyo, Sawtooth Martial Arts, ID
Held at the Sawtooth Club in Ketchum 6:30-9:00 p.m.
231 N. Main Street,
Ketchum, ID 83340
Who can attend? Soo Bahk Do practitioners and their family members.
- Excellent food (choices of entrees)
- Professional musicians
- 70th Anniversary demonstration video footage from Korea
- Martinov Sa Bom Nim video footage
- Activities for kids