The Sawbuck Dojang will be hosting the 138th Dan Classing in Whitefish, Montana on October 14-15, 2016.
Pre-register before September 22, 2016 for the best pricing available. To register, click on the links below to order each item line by line.
For those who would like to support the Region 8 Dan Shim Sa, but are unable to attend, you can do so by ordering a t-shirt and/or donating.
Theme: Him Cho Chung
Emphasis: Timing in Moo Do Sparring
- Description of Events
- Register as a Participant
- Register for the Banquet only
Friday, October 14, 2016
|10:00||Region 8 Leadership Workout||Continental Divide Room|
|1:00 to 4:00||Dan Candidate Workout with Proctor||Continental Divide Room|
|1:00 to 4:00||Yu Dan Ja Training||Continental Divide Room|
|1:00 to 4:00||Ko Dan Ja Training||Continental Divide Room|
|1:00 to 4:00||Ko Dan Ja Candidate Training||Continental Divide Room|
|3:00 to 5:00||Candidate Training on their own||Continental Divide Room|
|3:30 to 4:00||Dan Candidate PVT Project Presentation||Continental Divide Room|
|5:00 to 6:00||Instructors/Studio Owners Meeting||Card Room|
|6:00 to 8:00||Dan Clinic||Continental Divide Room|
Saturday, October 15, 2016
|7:30 to 8:15||Neh Gong Clinic||Continental Divide Room|
|9:00 to 11:00||Adult All Rank Clinic||Continental Divide Room|
|9:00 to 11:00||Youth Clinic||Continental Divide Room|
|11:00 to 12:00||Potential Candidate Workout||Continental Divide Room|
|11:00 to 1:
||On Your Own|
|1:00 to 3:00||138th Dan Classing Championships||Continental Divide Room|
|3:00 to 4:00||Meeting with the Testing Board||Card Room|
|6:30 to 9:00||Celebration Banquet||Whitefish Community Center|
The following pre-registration prices expire September 13, 2016. Prices will go up $10 starting September 14, 2016. *Note that all testing candidates do not need to pay clinic fees. However, you still need to register for the banquet, and reserve a t-shirt and poster if you want one.
- Friday Seminars (Ko Dan Ja, Dan, and Junior Dan members: $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members.
- Saturday Seminars (Ko Dan Ja, Dan, Gup, Junior Dan, Junior Gup): $40.00 for first family member/$30.00 for additional family members.
- Adult Banquet: $35
- Children Banquet: $25
- Commemorative Clothing: Women’s T-Shirt $25 (sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL), Men’s T-Shirt $25 (sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL). Order deadline September 30, 2016.
Travel and Accommodations
- The Region 8, 138th Dan Shim Sa and clinics will be held on October 14-15th, 2016 at Grouse Mountain Lodge, 2 Fairway drive, Whitefish, Montana. We have negotiated a special rate of $97.00 for single/double rooms, plus tax for the 138th Dan Classing Championships. Please call 406-892-2525 for reservations and use “Dan Classing” for the group rate.
- The Dan Testing Candidate Workout with the Regional Examiners and designated proctors is a mandatory event.
- Who can attend? Testing Candidates & board holders
Dan Candidate PVT Project Presentation
- The Dan Testing Candidates will make an oral presentation of their PVT project to the testing board.
- Who can attend? Testing Candidates
- Any member who is not testing and is not a potential candidate for the 139th or 140th Dan Classings are eligible to attend this session.
- Instructors and potential candidates will get direct feedback on how to reach full potential for the next Shim Sa. The T.A.C. and R.E.X. will be providing guidance.
- Who can attend? Any student who will be eligible to test at the 138th or 139th Dan Classings (must be at least a 1st Gup red belt)
- Theme: TBD
- Emphasis: TBD
- Who can attend? Dan members
- Integrated Breathing, Stretching and Movement class
- Who can attend? Any age and ability as well as the general public (no charge for the general public to attend)
- Youth clinic (ages 5 – 13 all ranks)
- Adult Gups
- Dan Members
- Theme: TBD
- Who can attend? Soo Bahk Do practitioners, all ranks and ages (classes will be split up and taught according to age and rank)
- 1:00 – 3:00 – 138th Dan Shim Sa
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Meeting with the Testing Board
- Who can attend? Students and the general public encouraged to observe and support the demonstration. Students should show up to the test in Do Bok (uniform).
Held at the Whitefish Community Center ( 1/2 mile from Grouse Mountain Lodge)
121 East Second Street
Whitefish, MT 59937
Who can attend? Soo Bahk Do practitioners and their family members.
- Excellent food
- Professional musicians
- Activities for kids