Sawtooth Martial Arts will be hosting the 133rd Dan Classing in Sun Valley, Idaho on May 1-3, 2014 with special guest H.C. Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim!
Pre-register before April 2, 2014 for the best pricing available.
Here is a printable version of the 133rd Dan Classing Schedule of Events and a Map for Dan Classing
- Description of Events
- Register as a Participant
- Register as a Testing Candidate
- Register for the Banquet only
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 1
|6:00 to 7:00||Kyo Sa Examination||Sawtooth Martial Arts located at 613 N. River St., Hailey, ID|
Friday, May 2
|1:00 to 5:00||Dan Candidate Workout||Limelight Room at the Sun Valley Resort – for testing candidates only|
|1:00 to 4:00||Dan Hyung Workout||Limelight Room at the Sun Valley Resort – for any Dan members|
|2:00 to 4:00||Potential Candidate Workout||Boiler Room at the Sun Valley Resort – for any potential candidates for the 134th or 135th Dan Classings|
|4:30 to 5:30||Presentation of PVT II||The Aspen Room at the Sun Valley Resort – Any Dan members|
|6:00 to 7:45||Dan Clinic||Limelight Room at the Sun Valley Resort – Any Dan members|
Saturday, May 3
|7:00 to 7:45||Breathing and Movement Clinic||Continental Room at Sun Valley Resort- anyone can attend, including the public|
|8:00 to 9:30||All Ranks Clinic||Continental Room at Sun Valley Resort- Gups and Dans, 13 years old and above|
|8:00 to 9:30||Youth Seminar||Boiler Room at Sun Valley Resort. – Gups and Dans, 12 years old and under|
|10:30 to 12:00||Junior Dan Clinic||Continental Room at Sun Valley Resort. – Junior Cho Dan Candidates|
|9:30||Team form demonstration||Sun Valley Inn (Continental Room)|
|10:30 to 12:00||133rd Dan Classing (for junior cho dan candidates)
||Continental Room at Sun Valley Resort. – Junior Cho Dan Candidates|
|12:00 to 1:00||Lunch||On Your Own|
|1:00 to 2:30||Adult and Advanced Junior Dan Test||Continental Room at Sun Valley Resort. – Adults and Ee Dan and above candidates|
|3:00 to 4:00||Meeting with the Testing Board||TBA|
|7:00||Celebration Banquet||Boca Restaurant located at 131 Washington Ave in Ketchum – Those who pre-registered for the Banquet can attend|
The following pre-registration prices expire April 2. Prices will go up $10 starting April 3. *Note that all testing candidates do not need to pay clinic fees. However, you still need to register for the banquet, and reserve a t-shirt and poster if you want one.
Saturday-Only Seminar Participation w/ H.C. Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim: $50.00 for first family member/$40.00 for additional family members.
Friday and Saturday Seminar Participation w/ H.C. Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim: $100.00 for first family member/$80.00 for additional family members.
Adult Banquet: $45
Children Banquet: $30
Commemorative T-Shirt: $25 (will have visual samples soon for men, women, and children’s long sleeve shirts)
Commemorative Poster: $5 (will be 8×10″ poster stock paper that you can have signed by Kwan Jang Nim)
Travel and Accomodations
- All events will be held at the Sun Valley Inn in the Limelight Room. We have negotiated a special rate for the 133rd Dan Classing Championships. Please refer to the Reservation Request Form 2014 for all the necessary information. Note that the room prices do not change regardless of occupancy
- Our local airport (Sun Valley Airport) will be closed for renovations. Anyone flying in will have to go to Twin Falls (Delta and 1.5 hours away) or Boise (multiple carriers and 2.5 hours away).
- Anyone needing to budget their trip and find a place to stay can contact Robyn Yeager at 208-720-5490
Description of Events
Dan Candidate Workout
- The Dan Testing Candidate Workout with the Regional Examiners and designated proctors (Fittanto Sa Bom and Hall Jo Kyo) is a mandatory event.
Dan Hyung Workout
- Various Ko Dan Ja members will be leading the Dan Hyung workout. Any member who is not testing and is not a potential candidate for the 134th or 135th Dan Classings is eligible to attend this session.
Potential Candidate Workout
- The Potential Candidate workout is for anyone who is a potential candidate for the 134th or 135th Dan Classings and their instructors. Instructors and potential candidates will get direct feedback on how to reach full potential for the next Shim Sa. The T.A.C. and R.E.X. will be providing guidance.
Presentation of PVT II
- Presentation of PVTII concept to all studio owners and instructors taught by Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim.
- 5 Moo Do Value Sparring (Lightning rounds) – Learn specific sparring combinations that relate to each of the 5 Moo Do Values and then apply those concepts into rotating sparring. All dan members are encouraged to attend. This session is taught by the T.A.C. and R.E.X.
Neh Gong Clinic
- Integrated Breathing and Movement class is open to everyone.
All Rank Clinic
- Youth seminar (ages 5 – 13 all ranks)
- Adult Gups
- Dan Members
- 5 Moo Do Value Sparring (Lightning rounds) – Learn specific sparring combinations that relate to each of the 5 Moo Do Values and then applying those concepts into rotating sparring.
- Who can attend? All ages and ranks permitted
Team Form Demonstration
- Team forms demonstrate is to see who represents Region 8 at 2014 Nationals
Dan Classing Championship
- 10:30-12:00 – 133rd Dan Classing (Junior Cho Dan Candidates)
- 12:00-1:00 – Lunch- on your own
- 1:00 – 2:30 – 133rd Dan Classing (All Dans and Adult Cho Dan Candidates)
- 3:00 – 4:00 – Meeting with the Testing Board
Proctor: Fittanto Sa Bom and Hall Jo Kyo